As you might have already read, I was busy trying out whether cardboard would be a good material to build a velomobile from. The first test piece finally dried and became a sturdy, light weight, ugly thing.
Since this one had come out so ugly I've decided to use it as a weather test. Today I've painted it with a few layers of spray paint and after letting it dry it got a nice little spot in the garden. I will keep it there and will post on this blog how it behaves in the Dutch winter.
This is it, all dressed up as Captain Kirk, just before being beamed into the garden.
I've also started a new test piece yesterday. This one doesn't have any corrugated cardboard underneath, I hoped that it would get some straighter lines this way and again I haven't been disappointed. Here you can see it drying the 6th layer of paper.
My third and last experiment includes these two little bowls.
As soon as they are completely dry I will fill them up with water and stop the time until they start to leak.
If they survive that experiment I will have two interesting crisp bowls.
That's it for today, keep an eye on the blog because there will be more posts about the cardboard project in the coming days.
If you have any comment or know a better way of doing it, don't hesitate to write it down.