maandag 7 december 2015

december training and christmas market

First of all, Vrijwiel will try out how it is to show bicycles on a Christmas market. For this experiment I didn't choose any market but the prestigious Christmas market of Kockengen. If you want to see recumbent bikes on a Christmas market, maybe for the first time ever, come to the Kockengen Christmas market on Friday 11th of december 2015.

So, how about the training? Last week wasn't my best week, in fact I only managed to train once and that was on Sunday. In total that makes up for a "whooping" 92km last week. My only excuse is that I was away for three days and that my bike didn't fit in the car anymore.
But if it is any good to you, I suffered on Sunday. Strong head winds and, living in the so called "green heart" of the Netherlands, 210 minutes of almost absolute boredom. I figured out that "green heart" must be a euphemism for "green hell" or "nothing here what so ever to look at or to stop the wind from blowing". If you have any idea how I can make these long rides between boring fields bearable, please let me know in the contacts. Tomorrow starts a new training week for me so share your wisdom, wish me luck and be thankful if you live in a place where there are things to actually look at in the countryside.


7 opmerkingen:

Wim zei

"Als je geen tegenwind hebt, dan fiets je gewoon niet hard genoeg."

Dit vind ik nog steeds een prachtige uitspraak.

Of:

Tegen de wind in fietsen is gewoon een extra training.

Je zult de volgende keer, als er geen wind is, erg hard gaan.

Mick zei
Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.
Mick zei

Ik fiets minimaal 160 km. Niet per uur maar wel per week. Met gewoon helemaal géén auto :-)

Olaf zei

Hey Wim en Mick,

Ik zal dus juist nóg meer tegen de wind in moeten gaan of harder trappen en de auto moeten afschaffen. Ik had gehoopt dat het makkelijker was ;) In ieder geval bedankt voor jullie reacties, deze zullen me steun geven bij mijn training morgen.
Mick, fijn dat ik je op deze manier kan bereiken. Ik heb erg genoten van jouw verhaal over de Afsluitrace ondanks (of juist omdat?) ik er iets te positief bij weg kom. Ik kon geen commentaar achterlaten op jouw blog, geen idee waarom.

Mick zei

Dat laatste zou ik ook niet weten nee. Misschien heb je toen anoniem gereageerd?
Als 'Olaf' zou het moeten lukken.
Maar hou me ten goede, ook bij mij gaat er vaak iets mis bij het reageren. Ik kopieer dan ook het best de tekst eerst naar het plakbord !

Peter Fischer zei

I figured out that "green heart" must be a euphemism for "green hell" or "nothing here what so ever to look at or to stop the wind from blowing".

Green ist good. I have never been in the "green heart of NL", but I live in one of the areas of Bavaria which have been land-consolidated (Flurbereinigung) multiple times. E.g. creeks channeled with a ruler on some very remote desk, huge fields, no trees an hedges in between...
So I guess I know what you mean.
Join a civic group for restoration of environment (Renaturierung). Or enjoy "guerilla gardening", spreading seeds while driving.

But over here it is rather useless: the last two years everything at the sides and curbs has been chopped and sold off for heating with "Hackschnitzel". I christianized this practise "biofracking".



If you have any idea how I can make these long rides between boring fields bearable, please let me know in the contacts.
1. mind travelling. quite relaxing, but needs some training to get you "in the zone".
2. thinking/inventing (ATM things to lower or remove annoying noises in my environment, e.g. I'm trying to crossbreed Riese&Müller HotEars and those furry microphone baskets to minimize wind noises)
3. listening to podcasts. keeps you connected and up2date to the rest of the world. mostly on commuter trips where I know every pothole. Not recommended in very urban and very rural areas (I did not hear wild hogs this autumn).

Olaf zei

Hallo Peter,

Danke für deine Tipps. Entschuldige bitte die späte Antwort. Irgendwie habe ich die übersehen. Die Idee mit den Potcasts finde ich gut, das werde ich mal ausprobieren. Und eine Lösung für die Windgeräusche wäre auch nicht schlecht. Vielleicht fällt dir ja noch was ein. Halt mich auf dem Laufenden wenn du eine gute Idee hast.
Wir wohnen hier unter dem Meeresspiegel. Also ist hier alles flach und hatten die Bauern alle Freiheit um alles schön säuberlich in gerade Stücke auf zu teilen. Ich kann mir vorstellen das es dadurch einfacher wird die Felder zu bestellen, aber für das Auge und die Natur ist das nichts. Ich wünsche dir viele entspannte und sichere Kilometer, Olaf.